Tuesday, September 9, 2008

30!

As of today, I am down a total of 30 lbs. That's 15 lbs on the pre-surgery diet (2 weeks) and 15 lbs post-op.
Biggest problems: ME. Yep. There, I said it. I'm the biggest problem here. I know my weakness is planning and indeed planning has been a big problem.
  1. I've not been as observant of when I eat &/or drink. I'm supposed to wait 30 minutes after drinking to eat and also wait 30 minutes after eating to drink. I haven't been doing that.

    • INSTALL CLOCKS EVERYWHERE SO I CAN'T AVOID WATCHING THE TIME
    • FOCUS ON EATING WHEN IT IS TIME TO EAT--TAKE MY TIME RATHER THAN RUSHING THROUGH IT
    • SIP, DON'T GULP

  2. I've not been planning my food for the days that I'll be out and about, thus I've gone for too many hours without eating anything. I had some moments where I felt like I was going to faint--and mind you, I've never fainted so I don't know what that really feels like. Still, I know I felt like I wanted to just go "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" at the blink of an eye.

    • USE EGGFACE FOR FOOD INSPIRATION
    • USE OBESITY HELP FORUMS FOR IDEAS/SUPPORT
    • GO TO STORE TO STOCK UP ON EASY TO TRANSPORT SNACKS/MEALS
    • PLAN MENUS FOR DAYS I'LL BE IN THE CITY (THESE ARE ALWAYS LONG, LONG DAYS)
    • IDENTIFY EMERGENCY SOURCES OF DO-ABLE FOOD NEAR MY OFFICE

  3. I've been drinking stuff through a straw. Big no-no. Unless you like burping alot, having painful indigestion, and feeling like you have a rock in your tiny little pouch of a stomach, I suggest putting it off as long as possible!

    • GAS-X EXTRA STRENGTH CHEWABLES & DISSOLVING STRIPS
    • PEPCID COMPLETE CHEWABLES
    • NO MORE STRAWS
    • I NEED DRINKING GLASSES, NOT LEFT OVER COFFEE COOLATA CUPS & STRAWS FROM DUNKIN'
    • USE ZONE SIPPY TYPE CUP RATHER THAN STRAW/SUCTION DRINKING CUPS FOR TRAVEL

So, I have lots of stuff to work on, but I seem to be heading in the right direction in the very least. This week will be my week 5 follow-up with the surgeon and more than likely my first band adjustment (tightening) with the nurse, Gio, whom I totally love! This guy really rocks and what I really like is that he's a tell-it-like-it-is kinda guy. We'll see how the follow-up goes and I'll report back when I get a chance.

No comments: